When it comes to window treatments for your home, window shutters not only make a sophisticated and aesthetically pleasing statement, they are also an investment that adds value to your home, privacy to your living spaces, and functionality with either manual or remote control options.
At Hartley Window Coverings we partner with high-end manufacturers, such as Hunter Douglas and Norman Window Fashions, that craft window shutters of exceptional quality and durability in environmentally friendly wood and solid wood materials as well as wood composite and polymer materials. Contact us to discuss your project — we’ll work with you to create custom-fit windows shutters for any window in your home, regardless of window size and shape. Your options for window shutters are as limitless as your imagination.
Hunter Douglas Shutters
Hunter Douglas offers an array of shutter options that meet your aesthetic tastes and environmental needs, from genuine wood to hybrid materials to durable polysatin.
1. Heritance® Hardwood Shutters – Elegant shutters for showcase rooms where the timeless beauty of real wood, meticulous craftsmanship and superb finishing are desired.
- 100% hardwood construction—Warm, rich, 100% natural premium wood.
- Superior craftsmanship—Truemill® dovetail construction for durability and long-term performance.
- Long-lasting finish—Features innovative Integra™ finish, a multi-step finishing process to bring out the natural beauty of the wood and provide long-lasting protection.
- Color selection—A versatile array of 36 colors that never go out of style and any custom color you can envision.
- Specialty shapes—A diverse range of specialty shapes to meet all design needs.
- Custom techniques—Six Handcrafted Series techniques providing endless design options
2. NewStyle® Hybrid Shutters
- The value-priced NewStyle™ hybrid shutters are plantation shutters that blend the beauty of real wood and advanced modern-day materials to create a stunning and durable window covering for any room.
- Combine the look of wood with the resilience of wood and man made durability
- grain-like finish for a charming and natural beauty that mimics the look of genuine wood
- The Finetech® Finish coating provides a lasting, micro-smooth satin finish that makes cleanup as simple as dusting with a soft, dry cloth.
3. Palm Beach™ Polysatin Shutters
- Our Palm Beach™ polysatin shutters are plantation shutters constructed with UV resistant polysatin compound, so they’re guaranteed never to warp, crack, fade, chip, peel or discolor, regardless of extreme heat or moisture.
- The DuraLux™ Finish provides a look that is virtually indistinguishable from a finely painted shutter. The finish is scratch and dent resistant. It never needs sanding, staining or painting
- The unique polysatin compound is perfectly designed for damp or humid conditions and cleans up beautifully with mild soap and water
- Every Palm Beach shutter is covered by an unmatched warranty – our guarantee that they perform for a lifetime and never warp, crack, fade, chip, peel or discolor.
Norman Motorized Shutters
One of the increasingly popular options for window shutters today are remote control or motorized shutters that bring eco-friendly shutter motorization technology to your home’s windows to harness clean, renewable energy for every day efficiency.
Remote Control Window Shutters
These types of motorized shutters offer many benefits that make them a desirable choice for homeowners — in addition to the fact that they are powered by rechargeable batteries:
- remote control window shutters are virtually silent
- many materials make these shutters nearly maintenance free
- shutters are available in a variety of elegant styles and finishes
- each panel maintains the same angle, whether open or closed
- environmentally friendly and easily manipulated with the remote control
Options for Motorized Shutters
One of the great innovations in motorized window shutters is PerfectTilt® motorization, which allows you to tilt whole panels of shutter louvers with a remote control. Adding PerfectTilt® RF (Radio Frequency) motorization to the installation plans for your window shutters can be a particularly important feature if your home has skylights. The motorized option helps prevent potential accidents that can result from falls as you attempt to adjust shutters on high-positioned windows or skylights. No ladders needed, and PerfectTilt® motorization even offers a solar-powered option.