Rolling shutters are an excellent choice for exterior window coverings of homes or businesses where the climate, such as in Northern California’s coastal areas, experiences sustained and sometimes high winds during a typical year. This is because most rolling shutters are tested to resist winds of up to 150 mph. Wind resistance is not the only benefit to installing rolling shutters.
- These products also provide an added layer of security to a home or business
- reduce noise and increase insulation
- protect furniture fabrics from damage and fading due to harmful UV rays
- operate easily with simple controls in a product that is also reliable (in the event of a power failure most rolling shutters can be manually operated)
We install rolling shutters using products manufactured from a number of vendors, including Croci and Rollac. This type of outdoor shade product offers a number of additional benefits to home and business owners depending on individual needs:
Croci Rolling Shutters
Croci products offer a high level of security at a low cost that you can count on to provide your home with protection. These reliable and user-friendly rolling shutters open and close with the touch of a button allowing you to to control the comfort and security of your home.
Benefits of Croci Rolling Shutters
Croci rolling shutters offer an inexpensive yet high-quality solution for protecting the exterior of your home’s windows against the elements, with successful manufacturer tests of the products capability to resist hurricane wind loads of up to 150 mph. This product’s many other benefits include:
- The ability, when closed for the shutters to create a physical barrier from high winds and intruders.
- Pre-sets configured with Somfy’s Chronis RTS timer that let you automatically open and close your rolling shutters based on specific times of day or night, or randomly to give the impression of an occupied home.
- Push button control with a Somfy RTS hand-held transmitter or Decora RTS wall switch that will deploy your shutters in seconds.
- Noise reduction based on tests performed on Croci’s polyurethane rolling shutters.
Rollac Rolling Shutters
Rolling Shutters from Rollac offer motorized and manual capabilities. Installing the automated or motorized rolling shutters gives our clients the convenience of operating the shutters at the touch of a button via a remote control or a regular switch. There are three different styles of switches: the momentary switch, which is recommended for supervised operation to raise or lift rolling shutters; and the maintained switch, when no supervision is necessary — just click and walk away.
We can install these rolling shutters to operate in one of two ways:
- Motorized Operator plus Crank Handle: to automatically operate your shutter or, in case of power loss, with a Crank Handle.
- Manual Operation: for smaller, lightweight shutters that can be operated easily by hand. These rolling shutters come in pull strap, strap crank, gear, or push/pull system plus locks and manual security systems.
Benefits of Rollac Rolling Shutters
Security for Your Home and Office
Securing your home is an emotional decision as much as it is a logical one. Security shutters are an excellent way to protect your property from unwanted break-ins, vandalism, forced entry, and theft. Most break-ins are through exterior doors and windows. Although doors can be fortified, windows are hard to secure. Alarm systems are useful but a thief can be in and out of a window in seconds, before assistance arrives. Installing a secure rolling shutter system can place a barrier as tough as a door that acts as a deterrent as well as added protection. Shutter protection for homes and businesses help occupants feel secure and keep valuables and goods in a safe environment.
Rolling shutters offer an additional sound barrier to a home or business that helps to cut down noise due to factors such as:
- busy streets
- loud neighbors
Rolling shutters can have a significant impact on energy conservation, while allowing you to manage daylight to improve visual and thermal comfort. Rolling shutters are an adaptable shading solution because they improve energy efficiency in every climate. In a hot climate, the rolling shutter shields your home from solar heat, reducing the need for artificial cooling. In a cold climate, retract the shutter and use sunlight for natural heat. At night, rolling shutters can be lowered to avoid heat escaping your home or office.
Natural daylight and maintaining a visual connection to the outside has a positive impact on our emotional state. Lower your shades to a comfortable position to avoid glare while having natural daylight stream in your home. This reduces the need for artificial light in the daytime and keeps you connected to the world outside your windows.
Often thermal conditions in a room are associated with room temperature. For example, if an office space is overheated, it can have a negative impact on well being and productivity. Rolling shutters help maintain an even and comfortable room temperature for everyone in the office.
Additional Features of Rolling Shutters
- Colors: Rollac manufactures roll-formed, foam-filled slats in a wide variety of slat colors that match nearly any surface. Complete shutter systems are available in five standard colors.
- Motorized rolling security shutters protect you and your property 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Rolling window security shutters can be configured to lower via remote control, wall switch, or automatically via a timer.
Commercial Rolling Shutters and Security Shutters
If you want to keep your business secured, consider installing efficient window security shutters. Rollac’s extremely tough security shutters are made of impact-resistant aluminum profiles to protect your company against break-in, vandalism, and damage caused by bad weather. Commercial rolling shutters are made with heavy-duty precision construction and offer the following features:
- secure chain drive
- automatic locking at any height
- lightning and hail-proof
- low build-in depth
- easy to install in front of windows and doors in new build properties or during renovation
- protection class-tested in accordance with ENV 1627-1630
- different widths of lamella and stable connection rods in the aluminum create a very resistant unit
- operation by hand crank or electric motor
Install rolling shutters and gain peace of mind when you are away from your business that these protective shutters are adding an extra layer of security.